LCHI seeks to leverage the power of public and private data science for the benefit of patients, medical professionals and researchers to improve the future of healthcare and save lives. The Informatics Research Institute contributes to the social good through research in data science to unleash the potential of Big Data in such areas as health, crisis response, community security & resiliency, and smart & connected community.
- Focuses on the future of healthcare
- Works with local and state partners including the Louisiana Department of Health to create health care innovation
- Tests and scales new concepts at the intersection of health policy and technology
- Conducts policy and program research relevant to business processes in need of improvement
- Reaches into the community to promote healthcare innovation through events such as the CajunCodeFest Health App Competition