The University of Louisiana at Lafayette has added three new graduate concentrations for people interested in changi
UL Lafayette’s Louisiana Center for Health Innovation partnered with the Opportunity Machine to offer a Market/Customer Discovery Workshop specifically for university faculty and staff members interested in commercialization. A project can be in any stage of development.
"The Builder Program is a multi-week program that walks participants step by step through business modeling and testing. Our goal is to provide you with the tools to create a scalable business that keeps the needs of the customer at the forefront of every conversation and allows you to test the business idea in the leanest most cost-effective way possible. There is a special emphasis for this series to be geared toward university researchers, healthcare, and technology. The dates with session titles are listed below:
· Thurs. September 15 (12 pm-4 pm) Session 1: Business Model Canvas and Assumption Mapping
· Thurs. September 22 (12 pm-4 pm) Session 2: Jobs to be Done Theory and Value Proposition Canvas
· Fri. September 23 (1pm-3pm) Present and Review Progress/Activities
· Thurs. September 29 (12pm-4pm) Session 3: Business Model Testing
· Fri. September 30 (1pm-3pm) Present and Review Progress/Activities
· Thurs. October 6 (12pm-4pm) Session 4: Customer Discovery
· Thurs. October 20 (12pm-4pm) Session 5: Creative Financing
· Fri. October 21 (1pm-4pm) Mentor Pitch Prep Date
· Thurs. October 27 (12pm-4pm) Session 6: Revenue Models
· Fri. October 28 (12pm-2pm) Present and Review Progress/Activities
· Thurs. November 3 (12pm-4pm) Pitch Training
Please follow the link https://form.jotform.com/221704616431044 (Or scan the QR code) for more information.
The first workshop is 7 sessions, kicking off on September 8. The deadline to sign up is August 31.
If you have questions about the workshop, please contact Katherine Nebel, Development Director, Opportunity Machine 337-769-4085, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, if you are looking for a less time-intensive way to jump into the world of startups I would recommend attending our Intro to Startups workshop on August 30th."